Switzerland / 2021 / 80'
At the age of 16, Alice was a victim of abuse. Fifty years later, this repressed experience unexpectedly makes its way back into her conscience. How is it possible to repress an incident for one’s entire life? Alice walks with her accordion through the desert, searching for answers, looking at a phenomenon that affects many women in a similar or related way.
Director: Alice Schmid
Script: Alice Schmid
Photography: Karin Slater, Aurelio Buchwalder, Kaleo La Belle
Editing: Anja Bombelli
Sound: Patrick Becker, Reto Stamm
Production: Alice Schmid
Co-production: Sami Jahnukainen, Donkey Hotel Tobias Janson, STORY Darya Bassel & Vika Khomenko, Moon Man
- The Girl From Änziloch/ Das Mädchen vom Änziloch (2016)
- The Children From Napf/ Die Kinder vom Napf (2011)
- I Am a Mouse/ Ich bin eine Maus (2007)
- Shall I Stay or Shall I Go? (2005)
- I Have Killed/ Ich habe getötet (1999)
DOK.fest München, Germany (2022), FIPADOC, France (2022), Swiss Film Award – Best Film Score Award, Switzerland (2021), Swiss Films – Best Film Score, Switzerland (2021), Solothurn Film Festival, Switzerland (2021)
- Buy tickets for live screening HERE.