Romania, Luxembourg / 2019 / 109'
In 2015, a fire at Bucharest’s Colectiv club left 27 dead and 180 injured. Soon, more burn victims begin dying in hospitals from wounds that were not life-threatening. Then a doctor blows the whistle to a team of investigative journalists. One revelation leads to another as the journalists start to uncover vast health care fraud. When a new health minister is appointed, he offers unprecedented access to his efforts to reform the corrupt system but also to the obstacles he faces. Following journalists, whistle-blowers, burn victims, and government officials, Collective is an uncompromising look at the impact of investigative journalism at its best.
Director: Alexander Nanau
Script: Alexander Nanau, Antoaneta Opris
Photography: Alexander Nanau
Editing: Alexander Nanau, George Cragg, Dana Bunescu
Sound: Michel Schillings, Mihai Grecea, Angelo Dos Santos
Music: Kyan Bayani
Production: Alexander Nanau, Bianca Oana
Co-production: Hanka Kastelicova, Bernard Michaux
- Toto and His Sisters / Toto si surorile lui (2014)
- The World According to Ion B. / Lumea văzută de Ion B. (2009)
- Peter Zadek inszeniert Peer Gynt (2006)
- Don Quixote Award – Tromsø International Film Festival, Norway (2020)
- GoldenEye Best International Documentary Film – Zürich Film Festival, Switzerland (2019)
- Special Jury Award – La Roche-sur-Yon International Film Festival, France (2019)
- Venice International Film Festival, Italy (2019)
- Toronto International Film Festival, Canada (2019)
- IDFA, Netherlands (2019)
- Verzio International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival, Hungary (2019)
- Buy tickets for live screening HERE.