Norway, Switzerland, Iran / 2020 / 93'
Where his prior film, the acclaimed epic “Aquarela”, was a reminder of the fragility of human tenure on earth, in “Gunda”, master filmmaker Viktor Kossakovsky reminds us that we share our planet with billions of other animals. Through encounters with a mother sow (the eponymous Gunda), two ingenious cows, and a scene-stealing, one-legged chicken, Kossakovsky movingly recalibrates our moral universe, reminding us of the inherent value of life and the mystery of all animal consciousness, including our own.
Director: Viktor Kossakovsky, Egil Håskjold Larsen
Photography: Viktor Kossakovsky, Egil Håskjold Larsen
Editing: Viktor Kossakovsky, Ainara Vera
Sound: Artyom Busel, Alexander Dudarev, Alexandr Jeygalo
Production: Anita Rehoff Larsen
Co-production: Susan Rockefeller
- Aquarela (2018)
- Graine de champion (2016)
- Sports Kids: Varicella (2015)
- Demonstration (2014)
- Cinema Eye Honors Awards/ The Unforgettables Award, the US (2021)
- Dublin International Film Festival/ Best Cinematography Award, Ireland (2021)
- Russian Guild of Film Critics, Russia (2021)
- Sofia International Film Festival/ Best Documentary Film, Bulgaria (2021)
- Stockholm Film Festival/ Best Documentary Film, Sweden (2021)
- Buy tickets for live screening HERE.