Switzerland / 2019 / 18'
A whistle. The stands of the stadium get loud. The players protest angrily. The presenters follow the action on the field. In the middle of it, the referee. The whole stadium watches him. Now he has to decide. With the referee Fedayi San we experience the highs and lows of a football game, what it means to earn respect on the field and direct the energy of an entire stadium.
Director: Roman Hodel
Script: Roman Hodel
Photography: Lukas Gut
Editing: Rolf Hellat, Roman Hodel
Sound: Oscar Von Hoogevest
Production: Franziska Sonder
- Bluelight (2014)
Festivals & Awards:
- Venice International Film Festival/ Orizzonti, Italy (2020)
- Toronto International Film Festival/ Short Cuts, Canada (2020)
- Hamptons International Film Festival/ Short Documentary Competition, Canada (2020)
- Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur/ Special Mention National Competition, Switzerland (2020)
- Sulmona International Film Festival/ International Competition Won: Best Documentary Short & Best Editing, Italy (2020)
- Buy tickets for live screening HERE.