Germany / 2018 / 35'
Vasily Vlasov, 21, is the youngest parliamentarian in the Russian Duma. Abundantly confident and self-assured, he seems as the new refreshing voice yet his ideals are rooted in the past. Women should obey their husbands, and at most have a humble occupation such as nurse or schoolteacher, he explains to his girlfriend Katya who listens with an agreeable smile on her face. A walk through the political theatre staged in Moscow during the presidential elections in 2018 while Vasily plays his role as the assistant and protégé of the ultra-nationalist politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky.
Director: Katja Fedulova
Script: Katja Fedulova, Calle Overweg
Photography: Sergei Amirdzhanov
Editing: Calle Overweg
Sound: Elena Petrosyan
Music: Orsa Lena
Production: Fedulova Films, Udo Bremer
- Glaube Hoffnung Liebe/ Fath, Hope, Love (2017)
- Mein Name Ist Kadija/ My Name is Khadija (2015)
Festivals and awards:
- Hong King Film Art International Film Festival, China (2019)
- Doker Film Festival, Russia (2019)
- Southern Cone International Film Festival, Chile (2019)
- IDFA, The Netherlands (2018)